The aim of the College Development Council is to provide a leadership role and extends help, guidance and advice to all the affiliated colleges admitted to the privileges of the University.
The objectives of the College Development Council, VSU are:
1. To proactivate the colleges to impart quality education and promote scientific temper and to undertake research activities at the colleges
2. To guide the colleges to enlist under section 2f and 12B of the UGC Act 1956 and to get maximum developmental grants from the UGC
3. To motivate the teachers to pursue their higher studies leading to PhD and post Doctoral under the Faculty Development programme
4. To support the colleges to blend theoretical knowledge with practical skills.
5. To enable colleges to pursue academic excellence through quality teaching, research and publications.
6. To proactivate the colleges to provide access to all sections of the society to pursue higher education and to to inculcate right values among students
7. To encourage the colleges to promote leadership qualities among students and to produce socially sensitive citizens and to hasten the process of creating a knowledge society.